Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Beginnings

For years I have dreamed of the day when I would be able to be a full time author.

For years I have said, "If I just had more time I could submit to more publishers... research more agents... write more... read more"

For years I have put my love of writing on the back burner.

NO LONGER!

As of August 1st, 2013 I... am... an... author!! Not a teacher who writes in her spare time, but a real true full time author.

Rachel, my daughter, will be in third grade this year, which starts this Thursday. Starting then, after our morning ritual of breakfast, lunch packing, and bus boarding I will come home to my empty house and live my dream!

WRITE, CRITIQUE, REWRITE, CRITIQUE, TWEAK, RESEARCH, SUBMIT, REPEAT

until I can hold in my hand a book I have written that is published!

I will walk into Barnes and Nobles or Books-A-Million and buy a copy of my book. IT WILL HAPPEN.

Thursday marks the first step.

Ready... set... GO!


2 comments:

  1. Love Love Love IT! I wish I could do things like this. I don't have enough imagination or trust that I can make a living doing something that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Shannon!! Your critique partners miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete