Sunday, December 7, 2014

How Fast Time Flies!

Over a year has gone by since I have used my blog *sad* and a lot has happened in that time. In October of last year I found out I was pregnant and my husband and I were over the moon :) Our little man was born on June 26, 2014 and he is perfect. His name is Elias Matthew Marrs and he was 8lbs and 20" long.

Things have just started settling down again with being a wife and mommy so I can take time to squeeze in my love of writing. YAY! I am working *very slowly* on a  longer piece... I am thinking it is going to be marketable as a MG. This is whole new territory for me but Im excited about it!

I participated in the December 2014 #PitMAD on Twitter and was happily surprised to get a star from the Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency for my PB HOUSE CAT. I have sent off the MS and I got a reply stating that it had been received and she would be back with me soon. HOUSE CAT is one of my long term babies. The first draft was written in 2009 so it has been lingering on my PC for 5 years in different revisions. I will be keeping my fingers crossed about that one!

#PitMAD had lit a fire for me and made me excited to get back out there in the literary world and now that little man is nearly 6 months I can do that!

My latest work is a rhyming story called CHRISTMAS TWISTER that I have written for the 4th Annual Holiday Contest http://susannahill.blogspot.com/2014/11/whistle-happy-tune.html?m=1. I am very excited to post the story here this coming week! The prizes look amazing!

It is nice to write again! Hello writing world - Ive missed you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment